Hi, I’m Juan Villela and I like websites. Most of my time is spent making them for others online. When I’m not working, I’m hoarding digital media for my weird pet project.
Writing isn’t my strong suit. But I do it from time to time. It’s therapeutic and helps me clear my head. In this blog, I write about notable things I find interesting and some of my coding projects. I’m not sure what else to say so here’s a list of “fun facts” about me, I guess:
- I like stickers. Almost every electronic I own is covered in stickers.
- I build mechanical keyboards every now and then.
- I love cooking. I like to think I’m pretty decent at it.
- I like RPGs. Mostly those out of Japan. Like the 200-hour-long, convoluted storyline, with 30 characters type of RPGs.
collecthoard Magic The Gathering cards, which are kept in a cool binder I almost never open. Of course, I also keep a record of which cards I own on a database and render it on a nice UI on this site. You can check it out on the MTG page.
- I really like making lists.
- I delivered a baby once. It was not magical for me, the staff on the ambulance, or the person giving birth. It’s the most stressed I’ve ever been in my life.
I work as a Senior Full Stack Web Developer full-time from home. These days I mostly make Angular and React enterprise apps. And some REST and GraphQL APIs. But here’s a cool list of skills:
React, Node, Express, GraphQL, Hugo, Eleventy
Redux (Sagas, Thunks, and RTK), Webpack, Vite, Jest, Vitest, Cypress, aXe, TravisCI, CircleCI, GitHub Actions, Gitlab/Bitbucket Pipeline
Figma, Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Affinity Designer
Nunchuck, Bo Hunting, Computer Hacking
If you’re interested in a more comprehensive look at my experience, you can checkout my online resume.