Hi, I’m Juan Villela and I like websites. Most of my time is spent making them for others online. When I’m not working, I’m probably still coding.
Writing isn’t my strong suit. But I do it from time to time. It’s therapeutic and helps me clear my head. In this blog, I write about notable things I find interesting and some of my coding projects. I’m not sure what else to say so here’s a list of “fun facts” about me, I guess:
- I like stickers. Almost every electronic I own is covered in stickers.
- I build mechanical keyboards every now and then.
- I love cooking. I like to think I’m pretty decent at it.
- I like RPGs. Mostly those out of Japan. Like the 200-hour-long, convoluted storyline, with 30 characters type of RPGs.
collecthoard Magic The Gathering cards, which are kept in a cool binder I almost never open. Of course, I also keep a record of which cards I own on a database and render it on a nice UI on this site. You can check it out on the MTG page.
- I really like making lists.
- I delivered a baby once. It was not magical for me, the staff on the ambulance, or the person giving birth. It’s the most stressed I’ve ever been in my life.
I currently work as a Senior Full-Stack Web Developer over at Big Pixel. These days I mostly make Angular and React enterprise apps. And some REST and GraphQL APIs. But here’s a cool list of skills:
React, Node, Express, GraphQL, Hugo, Eleventy
Redux (Sagas, Thunks, and RTK), Webpack, Vite, Jest, Vitest, Cypress, aXe, TravisCI, CircleCI, GitHub Actions, Gitlab/Bitbucket Pipeline
Figma, Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Affinity Designer
Nunchuck, Bo Hunting, Computer Hacking
If you’re interested in a more comprehensive look at my experience, you can checkout my online resume.